Benefits of Creating an Estate Plan
Protect Your Family, Assets & Future with Our Marietta Estate Planning Attorney
Estate planning is often misunderstood as something only the wealthiest of families should
have. In reality, everyone in Georgia can benefit from having an estate
plan, whether you have a large estate or a modest one.
An estate plan can do many things, such as:
- Pass on your assets and properties to the people you want, rather than having the court decide that for you.
- Provide for loved ones with special needs without interrupting their government benefits.
- Decide how your businesses will be transferred if you are disabled or upon death.
- Appoint guardians for minor children so that you know they are in the right hands.
- Plan for disability or incapacity, including stating your preferences in end-of-life situations.
- Support a charity that you are passionate about with assets from your estate.
- Minimize unnecessary taxes on your estate so more of your assets are passed on to your loved ones.
As you can see, an estate plan can not only preserve your lifetime’s
work, but also help ease the burden off of your family and minimize potential
conflicts between your loved ones. Attaining peace of mind and reassurance
for life’s uncertainties is invaluable.
What Documents Should I Include in My Estate Plan?
No two estate plans are alike. Each estate plan can be customized to fit
your unique needs and goals while addressing specific concerns regarding
Common estate planning documents can include:
A Marietta estate planning attorney can review your situation and help
you determine which documents you need, and how to leverage them to provide
the most complete protections possible.
Let’s Discuss Your Estate Planning Goals
Start thinking about your future and your legacy today. Estate planning
is an ongoing process that requires regular updates as you go through
major changes in life, such as divorce or a new birth. Not only do family
situations change regularly, but so do estate laws. You want to make sure
that your estate plan is current, legally binding, and reflects your goals.
At The Farrell Law Firm, PC, we have an experienced estate planning lawyer
in Marietta who is ready to help you design an estate plan that is right
for you. We can review your options with you and discuss ways to protect
you and your family.
Schedule a consultation online or by calling (678) 809-4922.